The Flashlight Drag is a family-oriented auto event open to all nostalgic, custom hotrod, street rod, muscle car, antique car, tuner car, electric or related vehicles.
The Greene County Airport will once again will take on the look and feel of a drag strip. Long before there were drag strips, people used to race on airport runways, and that’s where our ideas “take off”. Starting in May and continuing throughout the summer, when thousands of streetwise racers, rookies, will land to race for hours in front of thousands of spectators.
Each racer will proceed to the staging lanes and wait for his/her turn to run on the 1/8-mile runway. The Starter signals the start of the race with a FLASH! (it’s a trademark thing), and they’re off. Six hundred and sixty feet later down the runway, the finish light signals the winner. The crowd responds with amazement as an impeccable 1938 Plymouth pick-up truck smokes a late model Camaro, or an old Honda Civic hands a new NOS burning Dodge Viper his lunch. Amazing cars, amazing drivers, and amazing technology will run in heads-up, no prep racing at the Flashlight Drags, where it’s “Street Racing, Without the Jail Time”.
- Sunday, October 9 | Rain Date Make-Up
- Gates open at Noon, Racing from 2-6pm
- Racers: $40
- Spectators: $10 (children under 12 are free)
- Big Truck
- NEW for 2022! Big Tire / Small Tire – $100 Cash Buy In
Simple Rules (see Flashlight Drags website for more information)
- Open to legal street cars and trucks
- Vehicle must be a registered vehicle (no race cars)
- Driver must show proof of insurance
- Driver must show a valid driver’s license
- No passengers during racing
- Convertibles: Tops up or bring a helmet
Event Website URL - http://www.flashlightdrags.com/